Lupita thrilled to meet Oprah

Written By maboko on Sunday, December 1, 2013 | 8:01 PM

Proud Kenyan export, Lupita Nyong’o is making it big in Hollywood, and enjoying all the perks.
The beauty is competing against one of her idols, Oprah Winfrey, for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards, but she’s still racking her brain around meeting the icon.

Lupita gushed, "I did the Hollywood Reporter roundtable with her. I was sitting at my makeup station and the hair stylist looked at me in the mirror and mouthed, 'Oprah.' I was like, 'What?!'".

"It was like slow motion. I got up. I turned around and she was there. Her arms were outstretched and she gave me a big hug. She was like, 'You were amazing!'".

The talented actresses are being hailed for their roles in the critically acclaimed flick, 12 Years A Slave.