Moi International Airport Gutted Down With Fire

Written By Michael Maunda on Sunday, January 22, 2012 | 9:03 PM

An air conditioner which exploded due to electrical problems caused the  fire that gutted down the Moi International Airport VIP lounge in Mombasa on Sunday morning causing damages worth million of shillings.

The fire engulfed the luxurious facility destroying state of the art furniture and furnishings among other items which were just installed in December last year. 

The KAA fire brigade with the assistance from the Mombasa Municipal Council fire engines battled bravely and managed to put out the blaze in less than half an hour.

However the incident did not interfere with airport activities, adding that passengers were able to travel without any hitches.